This offer is obsolete and is retained for reference only. Current offers are available on this page.
Improving the productivity of the software engineers who use our Integrated Modeling Environment
As a Research & Development Engineer, you will join the team in charge of the Integrated Modeling Environment (IME), one essential component of the complete development toolchain created by Prove & Run. Our goal is to make innovative formal methods available to all, and therefore we aim at providing excellent engineering support tools to our customers. During your internship you will be in charge of a twofold project aimed at improving the productivity of the engineers who use our tools.
The first part of your project will be to review existing, “state of the art” tools designed to help software engineers, using our own development process as a testbed.
- Identify the main limitations of our current development process.
- Survey existing tools that can detect code defects and improve code quality (at edit time, at compile time or at run time).
- Work with the other members of the team to integrate the relevant tools in our development process.
For example, we use the Java Development Tools (based on the Eclipse platform), which offers several features that facilitate development tasks while improving the quality of the source code. Such features include validators (i.e., checkers looking for potential defects in the code), quick fixes (program transformations meant to fix errors and warnings), quick assists (context sensitive program transformations), code generators and refactoring tools. However, the JDT is a general-purpose tool: in many situations additional tools can deliver significant benefits, especially if they can be integrated with the JDT. Finally, in some cases, reaching top efficiency may require the development of unique tools.
The second part of your project will consist in reusing the experience you will have gained during the first part to apply it to the IME, in collaboration with actual users.
- Identify the current limitations of the IME regarding the engineering assistance it offers to its users.
- Propose an improvement plan.
- Implement this improvement plan.
This is offer is for a 6-month internship and is located in our office in Paris.
You are currently completing a Master’s Degree or an equivalent degree. You have a significant experience of software development. You are rigorous, independent and have good interpersonal skills.
An interest in one or more of the following topics will be appreciated positively:
- Human-Computer Interface and Usability
- Software Engineering (requirements management, design, implementation, testing, release management and more) and the tools that support it
Previous experience with the following tools with help ensure that you can hit the ground running:
- The Eclipse development environment
- Source code management tools
- Issue tracking systems
- Documentation generation tools
A good level of English is required.
All interns will receive the following benefits :
- Compensation of €1000-1200/month (gross),
- Daily meal stipends (Tickets Restaurant),
- Half of the monthly cost of the Navigo card (the public transportation card in Paris).