This is offer is for a 6-month internship and is based at our R&D Center in Sophia Antipolis (near Nice).
Develop an in-kernel debugger for a secure operating system.
In addition to providing a formally proven microkernel that gives strong security guarantees, ProvenCore comes with a full development environment to create new applications running on top of it. The ProvenCore SDK includes a PC simulator to speed up initial development but real-world platform debugging is a must most of the time. Bare metal debugging is possible but requires a certain level of skills that application developers may not have.
As a Research & Development Engineer, you will interact with the team in charge of developing our embedded security solutions. More precisely, you will extend a secure operating system to add an in-kernel debugger that allows monitoring of a specific application and provides an interface similar to gdbserver. In order to achieve this goal, you will have to:
- Investigate existing solutions and analyze how they could be applied on our microkernel and supported hardware,
- Implement the in-kernel debugger in the development version of ProvenCore,
- Implement the necessary interfaces to communicate with the debugger from the developer’s computer.
You are currently completing a Master’s Degree or an equivalent degree. You have a significant experience of software development. You are rigorous, independent and have good interpersonal skills.
An interest in one or more of the following topics will be appreciated positively:
- Embedded software development
- Operating systems
- Software security
- Low-level mobile software development
Previous experience with the following tools will help ensure that you can hit the ground running:
- Cross-compilation toolchains
- Source code management tools
- Issue tracking systems
- Debuggers (GDB, etc)
A good level of English is required.
All interns will receive the following benefits:
- Compensation of €1000-1200/month (gross)
- Daily meal stipends (Tickets Restaurant)