This offer is obsolete and is retained for reference only. Current offers are available on this page.
Design and implementation of an Eclipse plugin to support the Markdown language.
As a Research & Development Engineer, you will join the team in charge of the Integrated Modeling Environment (IME), one essential component of the complete development toolchain created by Prove & Run. The IME consists of an Eclipse plugin offering rich engineering support to write models using Prove & Run’s language. During your internship you will be in charge of a project aimed at improving the productivity of the engineers who write the IME’s user documentation. This documentation is written in Markdown, a markup language for which there is no suitable Eclipse plugin. Thus, although Prove & Run’s engineers use the Eclipse IDE to program the toolchain, they have to write the user documentation using editors such as Emacs or Vim. These editors lack support for editing links between Markdown files and integration of the documentation compiler is rudimentary. This makes the documentation process cumbersome, which is quite frustrating for people who themselves provide a powerful Eclipse plugin to their customers.
The project consists in designing and implementing a Markdown plugin for Eclipse. The plugin will include basic features such as syntax highlighting and an outline, but also, depending on needs you’ll have to identify, more advanced features such as:
- Support for Markdown links within the documentation (auto-completion, dead links detection, references finding, refactoring). This requires implementing a parser of (at least a subset of) Markdown.
- Build automation (to enhance integration with the above mentioned documentation compiler)
- Automatic generation of tables of content
- An Eclipse View showing the compiled version (HTML) of the documentation
This project will be implemented using Xtext, a framework to develop Eclipse-based IDEs for Domain-specific Languages. As this framework is also used to develop the IME, the internship may lead to a permanent position in the IME team.
This offer is for a 4 to 6-month internship and is located in our office in Paris.
You are currently completing a Master’s Degree or an equivalent degree. You have a significant experience of software development and good knowledge in compiler development. You are rigorous, independent and have good interpersonal skills.
Previous experience with the following tools will help ensure that you can hit the ground running:
- The Java programming language
- The Eclipse development environment
- Source code management tools
A good level of English is required.
All interns will receive the following benefits :
- Compensation of €1000-1200/month (gross),
- Daily meal stipends (Tickets Restaurant),
- Half of the monthly cost of the Navigo card (the public transportation card in Paris).