This is offer is for a 6-month internship and is based at our R&D Center in Paris.
Develop a compiler from Prove & Run’s language to Scala.
As a Research & Development Engineer, you will join the team in charge of ProvenTools, the complete development toolchain created by Prove & Run. ProvenTools is an Eclipse-based IDE offering support to write models using Prove & Run’s language (Smart) and to compile them. Models written in Smart are compiled to mainstream languages and Scala is a target of choice, as it ultimately allows to compile Smart to Java bytecode; hereby offering various backends.
The project consists in designing and implementing a compiler to Scala integrated within ProvenTools. The project will require you to write an Eclipse plugin that provides the following features:
- Generating a Scala implementation of Smart’s types and functions,
- Generating Scala stubs for Smart’s external types and functions, so that the user can easily integrate handwritten and generated Scala code,
- A generator integrated with ProvenTools’s existing APIs for compiling Smart to garbage-collected languages.
This project will be implemented in Java.
This offer is for a 4 to 6-month internship and is located in our office in Paris.
You are currently completing a Master’s Degree or an equivalent degree. You have a significant experience of software development and basic notions in compiler development. You are rigorous, independent and have good interpersonal skills.
The following experience is required:
- The Java programming language
- A functional programming language
Previous experience with the following tools will help ensure that you can hit the ground running:
- The Eclipse development environment
- Source code management tools (Git and Mercurial)
A good level of English is required.
All interns will receive the following benefits:
- Compensation of €1000-1200/month (gross)
- Daily meal stipends (Tickets Restaurant)